Optimizations at the heart of Merlin – from RuleGen to Delta RuleGen
The rule generation of the core of Merlin has been revised. The new method Delta RuleGenfocusses mainly on made changes contrary to the old method called RuleGen.
The optimizations can be felt over the whole application.
- By the change of the rule generation only changed files as well as all file which are related to these changed files will be considered when uploading a workspace in M.Model. If a workspace changes during a configuration, these changes will be transmitted automatically.
- Unchanged rules are recognized automatically and will be reloaded from the memory. Through this the needed memory of the application will be reduced enormously and optimized efficiently.
Extensions of the end customer configurator M.Customer
- If an end customer is opening M.Customer, a banner is shown, to accept the used cookies of this page. This message also contains a link to the privacy policies.
For each configuration in M.Customer you can show the summary page and in addition it is now also possible to generate PDF documents.
- The modeler is now able to define templates in M.Model to generate PDF documents in M.Customer. These document will be filled with details from the configuration by the used placeholders.
The new control center of Merlin – Merlin Server Manager
- With Merlin 9.10 starting Merlin gets more easy by the introduction of the new tool Merlin Server Manager.
- In the new server manager tool all settings belonging to the servers are collected. The servers can be configured, they can be started and stopped and custom certificates can be managed.
M.Model – Introduction of the new operator Implies as default
- The new operator Implies as default allows to define complex rules on the left side of the operator for the automatic build in or build out of elements. By using this operator you need less rules and rules of same character can bunch together.
Merlin 9.10 – the new milestone version of M.Sales Neo
The new seller platform M.Sales Neo has been adapted by certain big new features:
- The usage of sub products is now supported in M.Sales neo.
- Product names can be set automatically via variables.
- The single configuration steps can be separated on single tabs in the configuration form.
- Product descriptions will be displayed completely, including texts, images and combined images.
- The calculation details can be opened for the new price operations as well as discounts can be set on product level.
- It is now possible to call an integrated version of M.Sales Neo in genesisWorld. The extended integration to genesisWorld contains also the possibility to save and load quotes directly in genesisWorld with the relation to the belonging CRM business object.
The new genesisWorld Quote Importer
- In order to be able to run analytics on quote longer they are now saved in the Merlin database instead of genesisWorld.
- The opportunities, receipts or projects in genesisWorld only contain a reference to a Merlin-ID in the database of Merlin.
- Via the importer all opportunities, receipts and projects can be scanned in genesisWorld, to be able to find existing quotes and import them into the database. On the business object of genesisWorld a reference to the belonging Merlin-ID will be set.
New layout and new filter options for the start page of M.Customer
- The product catalogue, which is the start page of M.Customer, got a new design and extended functionalities.
- The format of the product was overhauled to display the products including their image, name, header and description within the new tile design.
- In M.Model new filter categories can be defined and assigned to the products (*.clientorder file). The filter type can also been chosen and based on that will they be displayed with radio buttons or checkboxed.
The defined filters will be displayed next to the poroducts catalogue to reduce the catalogue and to easy find the matching product.
Definition of price operations in M.Model
Individual price calculations are supported by the new price operations.
Within these operations, prices of a price type can be determined by variables, constants or other price types. Therefor the initial base price of a price type runs through a calculation chain to determine other price types like conditional price change, percentage discount, total discount, a special currency, margin or scale price.
- Within the price operation conditional price change you are able to attach prices of a price table to certain conditions. The base price of the price operation will be changed as soon as the condition is met.
- The price operation margin indicates the difference between the retail price and a starting price like for example the cost of production.
- By the use of scale prices, all prices of a price table can be changed depending on the amount of selected elements. For each scale limit different calculations can be defined. If a quote contains an amount of the defined element within the scale range, the price runs through the defined calculation. If the amount of products is outside the range, the calculation chain will not be considered.
M.Sales Neo – growing functional scope
After the go live of the first M.Sales Neo version, the focus is set on the constant growth of the available functional scope. With the version 9.9 the following features are now available:
- The product description is now added and combined images can be displayed for an easier visual comprehension of the changes of single configuration steps.
- For a better overview the configurations steps can be split to different tabs, furthermore the quote parameters can now be used.
- The integration to the CRM system genesisWorld is implemented.
- The features to set discounts is ready to use and the new prices operations which can be defined in M.Model can now be used for the available price types, e.g. to set conditional price changes, margins or scale prices.
M.Customer presents itself in a new look
- Introduction of new pearl necklace in navigation panel
- By coloring the „pearl“ of the current section in the navigation panel, the user knows where to be located in the overall configuration form.
- The numbers behind every chapter indicate how many mandatory features can be selected and already have been selected. Thus the user gets a quick overview of the current progress of the single sections.
- Completed configuration chapters will be indicated visually by a checkmark in the „pearl“.
- Simplified adding of sub products
- The amount of added sub products can be adapted directly in the navigation panel. Therefore the user no longer needs to jump back in the configuration form to the place the sub product was added initially. Now there is the possibility to make the adjustments anytime – even to completely remove the sub product from the configuration.
- The display of product start pages is now configurable
- The modeler is now able to configure, whether to show an informative start page for added sub products during the configuration or not to show it. This may be worthwhile to not interrupt the configuration, especially for very small sub products.
Small adjustments in M.Variety
- There are new possibilities to cancel long loading procedures.
Long loading procedures might occur while trying to open multiple features at the same time when it comes to exponential growth of the amount of displayed nodes. While loading a progress bar appears by which the user can stop the loading to be able to jump back to the interface and continue working on the variety tree.
- The version of M.Variety has been adapted to the general version scheme of Merlin. Starting with version 9.8 smaller adaptions to the interface have been made.
New calculation possibilites via extensions in M.Model
Bill of material calculations- “.bomcalc”
- he new .bomcalc files allow post-processed rules to be declared.
Each bill of material calculation table is valid for the defined products. Multiple tables can be declared. All rules of one table will be evaluated before moving on the table with the next higher defined evaluation order position.
- The rules of these bill of material calculation files are evaluated as soon as one or more of the selected products are built in. If a rule is fulfilled the value of the defined variables will be set.
- Example rules in .bomcalc for product “Pizza”:
- If product Pizza and element Size S and element Topping Hawaii then set variable Quantity Pineapple can to the value 1.
- Example rules in .bomcalc for product “Pizza”:
The german release notes and version highlights can be found here.
Extended functionality available in M.Sales Neo
- Within the current range of functions of M.Sales Neo it is now possible to save quotes and both search in existing quotes as well as loading quotes.
- The „repair function“ can be applied for existing quotes and quotes can be printed in M.Sales Neo.
M.Model – Changes of product relation operator „Defines (changeable)“
- The operator „defines (changeable)“ transmitted a value of a parent product initially to the child product.
- The logic has been changed, that values in the child product will not only be set initially but also whenever the value of the parent product changes. Even though the value already has been changed in the child product.
Continuous performance improvements in M.Variety
Focus on technical improvements aiming performance enhancements in M.Variety.
Due to these improvements the loading speed especially for huge trees and huge workspaces in M.Variety has been increased considerably.
First version of M.Sales Neo is now available.
Inspire your customer by a faster and fancier surface.
With M.Sales Neo there is a change in the used technology to Angular. This provides the following advantages:
- The use of Angular allows the creation of an interactive and fast user interface.
- It is future proof.
- An improved and seamless integration to genesisWorld Web or SmartWe.
- A uniform look & feel and enhanced usage for mobile devices.
M.Sales Neo is the future of M.Sales!
Modifications in M.Sales
- The user gets detailed information when loading quotes from CRM system.
- The are changes in the behaviour of multi-modules:
- Whenever the parent’s value changes, it is set to the child, even though it might have been set to a different value already.
New functionality in M.Variety
- Date-/time and date-time variables can now be entered by the user via the belonging picker.
Extensions in M.Customer
- There are branch points on the summary page for easy and fast editing of summarized configuration steps.
- Further design improvements are available:
- A new small scrollbar with mouse-over effect is shown to make to focus on configuration content and make the scrollbar itself more inconspicuously.
- “Dots” are shown as image indicators on the gallery in M.Customer to indicate the amount of images.
Simplifications in M.Model
- Administrators and modelers now can quick upload a ruleset in M.Model with configurable settings of the client selection.
- A new dialogue will be shown to choose a client when uploading a ruleset from M.Model. When most time only one client will be used, this can be defined as default and therefore the dialogue can be skipped afterwards.
Highlights and key functionality of Merlin 9.5
With Merlin 9.5, your daily workflows become more intuitive and convenient than ever before.
The new modules M.Variety and M.Customer have been extended by new features and design adaptions.
Modelers and administrators can ease and streamline their work processes with Merlin.
|New date operators in M.Model and placeholders in M.Doc
|Bundling of Merlin settings
The setup of your workspace becomes easier and more convenient in one central setting file.
Merlin now runs on the application server tomcat instead of wildfly.
Discover the possibilities of new and relaunched features in the M.Variety and M.Customer modules.
|New restore configuration dialog in M.Customer
When opening a saved configuration in M.Customer, the server automatically checks whether any changes have been made to the workspace and updates the configuration if necessary.
Resesign of the summary page for end-users
|New overall status traffic light and user input validation in M.Variety