CAS Merlin help portal
Direct help for your application
You are looking for quick help concerning a specific topic or want to inform yourself more about a certain function of our CPQ solution? You have come to the right place.
On our help portal, you can find the online help for users and administrators, helpful tutorials, and current release notes.
Do you have any topic or improvement suggestions, or are you looking for a direct link to a contact person? Don't hesitate to contact us.
CAS Configurator Merlin video tutorials
Click. Learn. Configure.
In our video tutorials, we are explaining various functions of our CPQ solution. You can also browse our Youtube playlist and discover the versatile functions of CAS Configurator Merlin.
Our top picks
Highlights of the current version
Each new version includes modifications, extensions, and/or new functions. Stay informed and discover highlights as well as detailed release notes of the current CAS Configurator Merlin version.
Highlights of the new LTS version - Merlin 10.0
Improvements in M.Sales
- In the price details dialog conditional price operations will now be displayed with further details information. It shows the description of the operations and explanations about which conditions were met and how the price than was calculated.
- Price precisions has been updated: In M.Model the price precision can be defined. This setting will be considered in M.Sales and all price input field will be validated based on the precision definition. The precision of percentage values can not be defined and is fixed to two decimals.
New features for the new module M.Hub
- In the inbox of M.Hub in which all quotes are listed with their meta data like date of creation, status and total prices, it is now not only possible to assign an assignee but also to assign a sales person.
- The global state of a quote can now not only be set via rules but also by user selection. For any change about the status the M.Sales user will be informed about tha status change during the configuration,
- The design of the quote view was improved.
Adaptions for the definition of default values in the attributes of the variables in M.Model
- Previously default values were set when the product was built in. But therefor variable with default values had to be activated at the time of build in of the product. With the adaptions the default values can now be set as soon as the variable is activated. Variables with default values do no longer have to be activated by te product, but can now also be activated later during the configuration. And existing default values still work and do not have to be updated.
Reducing complexity and increasing performance
- Impossible elements can be precalculated. The new precalculation feature in M.Model detects whether element of the product structure are impossible even though it is not directly implied by the user selection. By reducing the amount of possible elements for the whole configuration we gain increased performance by reducing the calculation complexity.
New features in the end-user configurator M.Customer
- The smart assistance Vivi got animations. Whenever Vivi has new information the user can recognize it via the animations inside of the face of Vivi.
- The colors used for Vivi, the recommender banner and the recommender panel (on the left side of the application) can now be configured in M.Model.
- The default size of the gallery on the configuration forms of M.Customer can also be configured in M.Model. The configuration possibilities are: "big gallery", "narrow gallery" or "closed gallery".
But it is still possible to change the size inside of M.Customer, the setting defines only the default size when starting M.Customer.
Highlights of the new LTS - Merlin CPQ 10.10
Merlin grows - we are glad to introduce our new module M.Hub
With the new M.Hub module, we enable you to create a more effective order process. This especially refers to the apparently concurrent but still important processes, such as meetings, releases, internal checks and feedback loops with the customers. M.Hub functions as a collaborative module for quick and direct exchanges during the entire order process.
Here you can learn more about the module M.Hub: https://www.cas-merlin.de/aktuelles/faq-mhub/
Even more emotional - with the new possibility of embedding external videos in M.Sales and M.Customer
- M.Sales: External videos can be displayed in M.Sales as part of the product gallery. All images and videos can now be opened maximized.
- M.Customer: The added videos will automatically be played on the product cover page after choosing a product from the catalog in M.Customer. The video will also be part of the product gallery in the configuration form.
Further highlights of our sales configurator
- Showing recommendations in the configuration form: Recommended attributes will be highlighted green in the configuration form. The not recommended attributes are shown in light red color.
- Redesign of the price explanation: The design of the details about the price calculations was redesigned to get better and more intuitive overview of the calculated single prices and further price aspects for each attribute price.
- It is now possible to show quote parameters read only.
- For a more easy way to use, dates (also calendar weeks) can now be entered manually without using the calendar widget.
- Having a long list of different attributes within one feature the user has now possibility to use a filter in the dropdown of the attributes.
- Embedded M.Doc Live in qupte page: An M.Doc Live document can be opened as before in a separate tab but now also directly on the quote tab showing every change of the configuration form live in the generated document.
Improvements for M.Doc
- Marketing text and images can be printed everywhere in the document by introducing the following new placeholders:
- To insert a product image in a quotation table you can now use "%%ELEMENT_IMG_Product+TAB_<XYZ>%%". To print the marketing text for an attribute use "%%ELEMENT_Marketing+TAB_<XYZ>%%".
- To be able to print images in a detail table use the placeholder "%%ELEMENT_IMG_Marketing+TAB<XYZ>%%".
- Within a combined table use the placeholder "%%ELEMENT_IMG%%" to print images.
- Within free text sections use "%%STANDARD_IMG_Product%%" for product images and "%%STANDARD_Marketing%%" to print marketing text.
- Previously when running Merlin in Docker the side effect was that MS system fonts like Segoe UI are not available the print took some available fonts that often did not match the original. Now it is possible to define fallback fonts.
E.g. Segoe UI will be replaced with Selawik which is quite similar and the fallback rules can be extended.
New right in M.Model to consider the completeness factor in the configurators
- A new setting is available to define whether invisible mandatory features (which are no visible by rights) must be filled for a complete configuration or not.
Extensions for the Merlins variant management M.Variety
- It is now possible to select a specific tetant for M.Variety. After login to M.Variety you get an overview of all available tenants in which the desired one can be selected.
- In M.Variety a specific path can now be saved as a new quote and existing quotes can be loaded into M.Variety for further analytics.
- One single variant of the variant tree in M.Variety can be saved with all additional information like variable inputs, empty selections or not activated note as private or public quote.
- The saved quote can be loaded through all Merlin applications.
- Existing quotes of other applications can also be loaded in M.Variety. But one specific product must be selected in case the loaded quote contains multiple products or sub-products.
- Additionally in M.Variety the so called product impossibles are now filtered out. Which means all features and attributes from the product structure which are never possible to select for the chosen product by rules will be filtered out from the product structure and the attribute selector to simplify and reduce the possible selections for the user of M.Variety.
Improvements and changes in the core of Merlin
- All prices are now stored in a numeric representation in the database. The default configuration for prices is set to the maximum price of 10^9 and the default precision is set to two decimal places (example with default max. price and max. precision): 999,999,999.99). But the maximum price as well as the maximum allowed precision can be configured in the merlin settings. This new setting will lead to a failed saving when trying to save a quote containing a price greater than the defined range, If the quote contains a precision which is greater than the defined allowed maximum precision the decimal places are rounded.
New tool for contradiction analysis:
- A new concept is introduced to visualize which rule(s) leads to a contradiction. Using this tool you will get better support for debugging numeric rules, debugging of activation errors and debugging default rules and leads to better understanding of the involved constraints from the product structure.
The report directly links to references rules and the affected parts of the product structure. E.g.: rule A together with rule B leads to value C or build-in of attribute D.
The supported rule files which will be checked within the contradiction analysis are: Ruletrees, Bundles, Rule templates, Massrule files and Product tables.
- Overview of quote history in loading dialog
Each quote listed in the loading dialog in M.Sales can now be unfolded to check the quote history and to view and load a previous version of the quote
- Overhaul of the alternative dialog
The alternative dialog was redesigned to get a better and more intuitive overview about the differences of the selectable configuration options. In the header the different product result will be displayed via the combination image and in the detail table below the attribute images will be displayed if available.
- 3D models are displayed in the product description
The configured 3D models from M.Model will now be displayed in product description field in M.Sales and the user has the possibility to take screenshots from it.
Improvements in M.Customer
- To enrich the user experience in the end user configurator M.Customer some more explaining hints will be displayed if a user wants to send an offer request and mandatory data is missing.
- On the summary page prices are now also available for sub-products.
For your information - with Merlin version 10.9 the infrastructure changed and tomcat 9 was updated to tomcat 10.
Overhaul of translation table in M.Model
The goal of the overhaul of the M.Model translation table was to improve the reuse between the applications especially between M.Customer and M.Sales by adding the same approach for all elements and inheritance. The former pstlocales offered a separation for some elements in M.Customer and M.Sales but not all and no reuse. A basis foundation for additional language-dependent resource types in the future was created and an improved way of maintaining the different resource types in different files. The pstlocale files became more cluttered with each type added and required translating everything for one element in one file whereas the new translation table a flexible translation strategy for the modelers offers.
The following use-cases are now possible within the new translation tables:
- One product per file - all translation types can be defined in one pst-file, but separate pst-files can be created for each product.
- One resource type per file - all products or product series can be used in one file, but one for images, one for texts etc.
- Cross-functional approach - translating the same element in different files for different languages.
Further benefits are at the one hand the easier update mechanism. The former pstlocale required manually dragging the added elements into the pstlocale but now the translation bound to a combination of file, translation type and language and updates to files are directly reflected. At the other hand the maintainability got improved by limiting the file content to what the customer actually needs to translate instead of listing all meta data per translated element. Additionally the file sizes got reduced, the performance was improved and the convenient M.Model editor can be used.
New file format for 3D content in M.Model
The former .obj, .mtl and .tex files are replaced by the new .gltf file which combines and includes all these information. The usage of 3D feature is simplified and much more easy for modelers and provides the possibility for further features in the future.
The 3D information from metadata of characteristics in M.Model was removed and these information is now kept in the new 3D visualization file.
Improved workflow to finish, save and print quotes as well as the loading process in M.Sales
- A new button "Print and save" opens a dialog to choose printing and saving options at once.
- The options in the menu for saving and loading was revised, instead of the former big loading dialog the menu itself got more clear intuitive entries. There is now a clearer difference between a quote (context of a current sales opportunity) and a template (basis for creating new quotes). The following new menu entries are now available:
- Save: Save a quote with private or public visibility - in the context of a current sales opportunity when using genesisWorld.
- Create a copy: Save as another quote with copied content.
- File as template: Put the current quote aside as a template to reuse it for future quotes and continue where the user left off.
- Export as quote file: Export a .merx file.
- Load: Load a quote and replace the current configuration.
- Insert from template: Keep the current configuration and insert / merge a chosen template.
- Insert from saved quote: Keep the current configuration and insert / merge a chosen quote.
- Insert inquiry from M.Customer: Keep the current configuration and insert / merge a quote from M.Customer.
- Insert from quote file: Import a .merx file.
Memory improvements in the core of Merlin
In the backend of the application lot of memory improvements have been achieved by
- reducing the overhead for calculation of prices and impossible elements
- improvements during changes in the product structure
- reduced overall "layer overhead".
Performance optimizations at the heart of Merlin - making the configurator even faster and more efficient
- Many changes have been made in the core of Merlin to make the configurator even faster like multimodule configuration speedup and reduced overhead for calculation of prices and impossible elements.
Further optimizations are planned for the next releases.
- Huge performance speedup was also done for translation table containing lots of translations which can now be loaded and opened ways faster than previously.
Highlights in M.Sales
- There is a new nice and emotional start page with certain options to chose how to start the application. The user can directly choose to
- create a new quote,
- load from a saved quote or to
- import from a file.
- If multiple document types are available for the download in M.Sales the user can select multiple documents at the same time which will be downloaded in a .zip file. Which document types are available can be easier controlled by the new feature to activate or deactivate single document types based on rules regarding the current configuration.
- A new option discount all subproducts on the price tab is available to be able to set a percentage discount not only to one product or the whole basket but to one product and all if its children.
- According to the motto better process-oriented behavior in M.Sales the saving and loading has been optimized. The user can now decide to save a quote as specific quote of template and differ between private and public quotes or templates. When loading a saved quote or template there is also the option to choose whether this quote or template shall be integrated into the existing configuration or replace the current configuration.
- The new repair dialog shows an overview of all changed data of the configuration.
- To fasten up finding the product in the catalog the user is looking for there is a new search field in the catalog available.
New price rounding behavior
Previous prices were calculated with decimal precision of 4 digits but the clients showed only 2 decimals and did some rounding themselves which could lead to missing or additional cents when summing up. As the database only saved 3 decimals by default for prices this could lead to precision loss during saving or loading.
Example: The user selects an attribute three times which costs 0.3333€. In the backend the sum is 0.9999€ but due to the rounding of the client in M.Sales the sum is shown as 1.00€.
Therefor the rounding behavior has changed so that rounding will be done after every visible calculation step on the client side so that in the mentioned example above also in M.Sales the sum will also be 0.99€ and no precision loss will result.
In M.Doc some values need to be recalculated because of the way M.Doc tables allow filtering. Due to rounding precision loss percentage discounts can be different in M.Docs summary row than shown in M.Sales.
Show prices of different price types in the end-user configurator M.Customer
For each price type, which is available in M.Customer, the prices are now available in all over the application. On every tile in the configuration form as well as on the summary page.
To keep it simple for the end-user only one price will be shown at the same time and the total price will be displayed on the bottom of each page. If multiple price types are available for M.Customer the user can switch the price type by pressing on the button of the total price on each configuration page or the summary page. To indicate a price range to the end-user before starting a new configuration, the modeler can define a start price for each product which will be displayed on the product tile on the product catalog.
Better M.Doc - New possibilities in the way of modeling offer documents
- Improvements in section and paragraph handling
When using one template there will not be any section break between pages.
- Controllable paragraph change for rule insertions
The new possibilities allow the modeler to define not to have a paragraph before, behind or before and behind the defined rule.
- Flexible doctype sorting
Via the new definable index in the display order option the modeler is able to flexible sort different doctypes.
- The doctype with smallest number appears above a doctype with a higher number.
- If the same index is defined multiple time, the doctypes will be shown in the alphabetical order.
- All doctypes without a defined index are shown above the ones with an index.
- New convenience functions in placeholder checker
A new info dialog is shown, if no problems were found via the new checker. Placeholders with warnings and errors can be directly copied from report by the option in the context menu.
- New combines table structures
Using combined tables there are three options to define the structure:
- Show products and attributes: Leads to the classic appearance
- Show products with bundles: Attributes will be grouped by their bundles
- Show products only: Only products and sub products are listed, but no attributes.
- Marketing images in detail tables
Marketing images assigned to an attribute can be printed now. Therefor only ELEMENT placeholders are available and the placeholder supports the WIDTH-syntax:
- +WIDTH_100 means 100% of the available cell width is used for printing the image.
- The default value is 50%
New options in M.Sales
- Total discount % smoothening
It is now possible to edit not only single discounts but also to edit the total percentage discount having the option to choose to
- reset underlying discounts
- keep underlying discounts or
- to distribute the discount to underlying discounts, which considers the defined maximum discount values and distributes the entered value accordingly to all underlying products.
- In the catalog the whole product description will be shown. When hovering the product automatically a scrollbar appears to read through the whole description instead of the previous "show more" button.
- Expand configuration folders by new setting in M.Model
Out of three options it can be defined whether all folders shall be collapsed, expanded or overwritten by setting in the folder configuration.
- Elements which are marked as invisible in the configuration form can be set as visible footer element to be able to show the user extra information in the footer section and the summary page based on the configured options.
- Using the recommender option via the assistant Vivi the modeler can define how important a recommendation for certain elements is.
- If the M.Customer user gets a new recommendation marked as active notification Vivi opens automatically the recommendation and the user can accept or dismiss the new recommendation.
- A recommendation which is marked as passive notification will also be shown in the Vivi panel but only if the user opens the panel and wants to check the available recommendations.
- A recommendation which is marked as only highlighting will not be shown in Vivis panel but only flagged by the recommender banner in the tile of the attribute.
- Show prices in M.Customer
The new highlight in M.Customer is the option to show the user price information for the configuration. The modeler can define which pricetype shall be available in M.Customer and set the order priority. On each configuration form and the summary page a new button shows the total price of the whole configuration and the price type can be switched by clicking in that button.
More options will follow in the next release.
New possibilities in M.Sales
- Below the print dialog on the quote tab in M.Sales there is a new button to open a list of all print placeholders. The list is detailed structured to see the global placeholders, like offer parameters, the placeholders of the product structure as well as table placeholders. For each placeholder its name is shown and the value based on the current configuration. There is a text search on the dialog to be able to find a specific placeholder more fast and an option to hide empty placeholders.
- When loading a quote in M.Sales, there is now the option via a new checkbox in the load dialog to be able to "replace the current configuration" not. By unchecking the option to not replace the current configuration the loaded quote will be merged into the current configuration and the current basket.
Further price options and discount setting possibilities
- For each price type in M.Model the discountability and further price aspects for discounting can be set and defined. The level for which prices and discounts can be changed and set will be defined in M.Model. It can be activated on attribute level, product level or for the total quote or any combination.
The calculated discounts are visible on the price tab as well as on the price overview of the configuration itself. New options can be chosen how editable discounts will be calculated and distributed.
- Reset underlying discount: Activating this option will override all calculated and defined discounts on sub levels of the level the sales people edits the discounts.
- Distribute to underlying discount: When choosing this option a new entered discount will be distributed to all sub levels.
- Keep underlying discount: All discounts will remain unchanged and the edited discount will only be changed on the level of change.
- The following price aspects can be chosen to be calculated and shown in M.Sales:
- Unit / total price are the undiscounted prices
- Discount-% is always applied to the total price and granted by the user.
- Discount is the product of the total price and discount-%.
- Total discount is the sum of the discount and all discounts below.
- Discounted price is the total price subtracted by the total discount.
- Margin is the discounted price subtracted by the discounted base price. The previous price operation margin is deprecated.
- M.Doc tables can now be filtered for "set" / "not set (empty)" values.
- Standard placeholder can new be validated via new toolbar icon in M.Model. The new placeholder report view contains warnings and error.
Get recommendations in M.Customer via new smart assistant Vivi
- For better supporting the end-customer in there configuration in M.Customer the modeler can now activate to show the user recommendations based on the current configuration selections and the choice of other users in saved quotes. To activate the recommender there is a new file "recommendation settings" in M.Model. For each product and its features it can be defined whether and how recommendations shall be shown.
- only highlighting: Via that option the recommended attributes will be shown with a recommender label in the configuration form. For more important features the modeler can choose to show
- passive or active notifications. These recommendations will be shown in the new panel of the smart assistant Vivi. Whenever Vivi gets a new recommendation the eyes are open and the recommendation icon is activated. By clicking on the assistant Vivi provides a list showing all recommendations of the current configuration tab. By clicking on one recommendation the user will get detailed information for the recommended attribute and can directly accept and select the attribute. In the passive mode Vivi will show the recommendations when opening the new Vivi panel, for recommended attributes in the active mode, the Vivi panel will automatically pop-up.
- To meet exactly the level of accuracy which shall be provided, certain settings can be changed and defined.
- the minimum configuration count, where the amount of saved quotes which must be available in the database can be defined.
- the maximum quote age which defined the oldest considered saved quote for the recommendations.
- Further adjustments in M.Customer is on the one hand the possibility to revert adopted configuration alternatives and on the other hand to be able to configure variable product names.
Simplification of modelling default values and user inputs
- Both operators „Default=„ and „User input“ will be removed from M.Model in future. Existing rules defining default values and user inputs can also be removed and will be replaced by new settings within the definition of the variables. In the feature structure of a variable there is a new checkbox for the definition of the user input, which will be checked automatically when creating a new variable. Default values can also be set directly in the properties of the variable.
- A new operator „set as user input“ can be used for the case that more complex conditions are needed to define the user input. For complex conditions which must be fulfilled for default values, the operator „implies as default“ can be used.
Hint: The old operators are still working. When uploading the workspace the user will get a message that they will be dropped soon and warnings for all used outdated operators in the workspace to be able to change them.
For modelling documents it is now possible to define a template for each text module and not only to define one standard template. Thereby you can use different text modules with different formats within one document like e.g. portrait and landscape format or to have different header and footer formats.
Simplifications in M.Customer
- All selected elements of a configuration will be collected on the summary page of M.Customer. If a selection shall be changed, the user can click on the edit icon besides every element to jump directly to that element in the configuration form to be able to change it here.
- Using the date picker in the configuration form is now also simplified in the usage. Not only the already chosen date will be highlighted but also the current date will be highlighted in the shown calendar.
Internationalization in Merlins variant management
The whole application M.Variety is now also available in German. The product structure can show any modelled language.
Extensions in M.Sales Neo and go live of the live document generation M.Doc Live
- Prices of an element in the configuration form can now be defined in M.Model as „override manually“. Initially the price will be shown in M.Sales Neo as 0.00€ (or any defined unit), by clicking on the price this can be overwritten directly in the form.
- The user can now change the name of an element directly in the configuration form via the option „Name in M.Sales editable“ in the properties of the feature structure. Both the original names as well as the changed name of the element can be used in the new text search on top of the form.
- Products can be marked as optional in the price overview of M.Sales Neo by using the new checkbox. The price for these optional products will be overwritten afterwards.
- Documents can not only be generated in M.Sales Neo as before, but now via M.Doc Live they will be generated and changed immediately. M.Doc Live opens the document in a new tab and each change in the configuration form or e.g. changing the language selection will immediately be shown in that document.
Extensions for M.Sales Neo
- To optimize supporting the user during the configuration it is now possible in M.Sales Neo to add and show hint texts on elements in the configuration form. These hints can also be part of complex rules.
- The introduction of new file variables allows the user to upload files to the configuration form. These files will be saved along with the quote and be downloaded and checked at any time again. To also enable the upload of multiple files at once file variables can be defined both as single- and multi-selection.
Design optimizations in M.Customer
The new quantity variables for attributes are shown in the configuration form of M.Customer in a new tile size design. The entered values will be validated immediately and the allowed ranges and input types are shown in a hint box.
New features in Merlin variant management - M.Variety
- The attributes of single selection features are now part of the dropdown menu to reduce the tree selection to certain elements and enrich the search possibilities.
- The analyzer information about the occurrence is also part of the status flag of each displayed path. The percentage value indicates how many saved quotes of all Merlin modules contain exactly the same combination of element as the chosen variant in M.Variety.
Further new options to remove bundles from a configuration
Bundles are a set of attributes which can be build in at once in a configuration.
Previously, when a bundle was removed from the configuration, the corresponding attributes were not removed as well. The "Smart Bundle Removal" now also removes the corresponding attributes when a bundle is removed. All attributes that are part of the bundle are removed. Attributes of optional features however are only removed if they are neither pinned nor part of another bundle that is still part of the configuration.
New possibilities in document modeling
M.Doc: Alternative attribute names
There is a new M.Doc placeholder as alternative name for all attributes introduced and managed in the translations table. The placeholder can be printed by ‘element name” added by the suffix ‘_Name_MDoc’.
M.Doc: Table filter enhancement
New filter options are available to specify simple and complex rules to define which elements shall be visible and invisible in M.Doc tables.
Optimized Ressource Caching
To optimize the cache when using files, the caching is changed to only cache a preprocessed form of the files.
Design improvements and feature extension in the end-user configurator
- Design simplifications for chosen attributes in the configuration form. New checkboxes and radio buttons will be added for the current selections.
- Quantity variables are shown on the defined level after the user made a selection.
- To be able to distinguish the presentation of elements in the configuration form of M.Sales Neo and M.Customer of the same workspace, the element presentation tab can be duplicated to make separate settings for each clients.
New unit options in M.Model
- For many users it becomes more and more important to not only show prices for the configured elements but also other units like weight or carbon dioxode emission. Therefor the new possibility is available in the price configuration to override the unit manually to enter any free unit which will be shown as pricetype in the clients.
Further possibilities enabled for sales person in M.Sales Neo
- There is a new option to be able to import and export quotes in M.Sales Neo.
- Within the price page it is now possible to reorder the items in the basket.
Changed directed operators
There are two new definition possibilities for calculating sums or multiplications: You can define an operator as bi-directional or uni-directional.
- Good for variables that are used across many formulas (rules)
- When you want to use the transformations (a=b+c; b=a-c;...)
- When variables are not heavily linked to other variables and/or rules
- Aggregations from several operands into the result which is then used for few simple rules
- Missing values are skipped: (e.g. a=b+c --> a is shown as 0,00 even if b and/or c are not yet set)
Updates and extensions in M.Sales Neo
- Within the new Notification Area all notifications will be added and shown in historical order. The dialog can be opened at any time during the configuration. Icons indicate whether a new notifications appeared.
- The so far static quote parameters can now be opened and edited in a separate dialog.
- Choosing a bundle is now possible in M.Sales Neo. By selecting a bundle, multiple attributes will be selected at once, as defined in M.Model. These attributes can be a fix part of the bundle but also can be defined as an option of the bundle. If the user selected a bundle having options, a dialog will be shown where the user needs do decide which option to choose. The total price for a bundle can also overwrite the single prices of the attributes of that bundle.
- For elements of type date, time or date-time a new calendar is shown to easier choose the date and / or time.
New configuration area for sub products in M.Customer
Sub products, which are not placed on a specific tab for the end-user configurator M.Customer, automatically will be added on the tab "sub products" at the end of the configuration.
Extended feature scope in M.Sales Neo
- A new process indicator shows the overall progress of a configuration.
- Discounts can now be set on quote level
- It is now possible to filter for a specific price type within the price detail tables, to be able to understand the calculation of the displayed prices.
- The read-only mode is now available in M.Sales Neo.
New analyzer KPIs in the variant tree
The new analyzer of M.Variety shows certain KPIs based on all saved quotes in the variant tree. Thereby high- and low performing variants can be made visible quickly.
The analyzer shows different KPIs which can be switched-on for each single element build in the variant tree.
The following KPIs are now available in M.Variety:
- Total Occurrence:
- How many configurations contain a certain attribute, independent of the previous selected combination of attributes in the unfolded path?
- Conditional Occurrence:
- (Absolute) How many configurations contain a certain attribute within the exact given combination of attributes of the unfolded path?
- (Relative) How do the percentages distribute among the attributes of one selected feature of all configurations containing the exact given combination of attributes in the unfolded path?
The new cockpit of M.Variety contains graphs to see:
- how many new configurations have been saved,
- which products were configured how often
- and which attributes were selected how many times for one chosen product.
New configurable action buttons in M.Customer
In M.Model a possibility was added to configure up to two additional action buttons for the navigation panel in M.Customer.
An individual URL can be set as destination address together with an individual symbol and name for these buttons.
These new buttons can also be added in the translation table, to set different destination addresses and names for each defined language.
M.Variety – the first features of the M.Variety Analyzer are now available in the new dashboard
The first tiles are now available in the new dashboard of M.Variety
The first three tiles give an overview of all new created quotes in M.Sales Neo and M.Customer. They show the amount of quptes qhich were created
- in the last 24 hours,
- the last week
- and the last month
The pie chart shows (up to) 10 most configured products.
The tile on the right side shows (up to) 10 most often chosen attributes of the shown product, which can be changed via dropdown menu besides the title of the tile.
Extensions in M.Sales Neo
Extendable translation files
Standard translations can be changed in .json files within the M.Sales Neo installation path to be able to change standard names for buttons, menu-entries etc.
If you want to change the button „Add product“ to select a product in M.Sales Neo you can add a new entry in the translation file and rename it to for example tp „Add vehicle“. This change applies immediately after saving and refreshing the M.Sales Neo page.
Options are placed in the context menu of the products in the price overview table on the configuration page or directly on the main price view on the tab „Price“.
For each product you can add a new option, rename the option, delete it or apply the option via the context menu. Each step can also be reverted via the undo-button on top of the page.
All added options will be shown in the price overview table showing also the total delta price.
A free entry can be added on main price page in context menu of each entry. Or on the top right menu for the product on top level.
Each added free entry can be renamed and discounts can be entered in the price table which will be included in the total sum.
Optimizations at the heart of Merlin through a new clause approach
Increased performance is gained through the new "SmallOrClause" approach which guarantees uniqueness. The new approach is extremely fast in Java - no branches and no loops are necessary and precalculations are possible.
The old OrClause was index based, thus
- hash collisions could occur
- implementation needed a “while-literal-not-found-loop”
- path prediction was difficult
Through the new approach “SmallOrClause”
- all literals in clause are known in advance
- perfect hash functions are used
Performance increase in M.Model
Saving large ruletrees is up to three times faster. The workspace checkers were optimized the canvas elements are recycled and not thrown away.
Adaptions of price calculation in M.Sales Neo
For each price detailed price information can be opened in M.Sales Neo. If the new price operations are used the price information show each single calculation step to be able to understand how the price is calculated.
Furthermore the language used on the M.Sales Neo interface can be set independent of the language used in the configuration formula.
Optimizations at the heart of Merlin – from RuleGen to Delta RuleGen
The rule generation of the core of Merlin has been revised. The new method Delta RuleGenfocusses mainly on made changes contrary to the old method called RuleGen.
The optimizations can be felt over the whole application.
By the change of the rule generation only changed files as well as all file which are related to these changed files will be considered when uploading a workspace in M.Model. If a workspace changes during a configuration, these changes will be transmitted automatically.Unchanged rules are recognized automatically and will be reloaded from the memory. Through this the needed memory of the application will be reduced enormously and optimized efficiently.
Extensions of the end customer configurator M.Customer
For each configuration in M.Customer you can show the summary page and in addition it is now also possible to generate PDF documents.
The modeler is now able to define templates in M.Model to generate PDF documents in M.Customer. These document will be filled with details from the configuration by the used placeholders.
The new control center of Merlin – Merlin Server Manager
With Merlin 9.10 starting Merlin gets more easy by the introduction of the new tool Merlin Server Manager.In the new server manager tool all settings belonging to the servers are collected. The servers can be configured, they can be started and stopped and custom certificates can be managed.
M.Model – Introduction of the new operator Implies as default
The new operator Implies as default allows to define complex rules on the left side of the operator for the automatic build in or build out of elements. By using this operator you need less rules and rules of same character can bunch together.
Merlin 9.10 – the new milestone version of M.Sales Neo
The new seller platform M.Sales Neo has been adapted by certain big new features:
The usage of sub products is now supported in M.Sales neo.Product names can be set automatically via variables.The single configuration steps can be separated on single tabs in the configuration form.Product descriptions will be displayed completely, including texts, images and combined images.The calculation details can be opened for the new price operations as well as discounts can be set on product level.It is now possible to call an integrated version of M.Sales Neo in genesisWorld. The extended integration to genesisWorld contains also the possibility to save and load quotes directly in genesisWorld with the relation to the belonging CRM business object.The new genesisWorld
In order to be able to run analytics on quote longer they are now saved in the Merlin database instead of genesisWorld.The opportunities, receipts or projects in genesisWorld only contain a reference to a Merlin-ID in the database of Merlin.Via the importer all opportunities, receipts and projects can be scanned in genesisWorld, to be able to find existing quotes and import them into the database. On the business object of genesisWorld a reference to the belonging Merlin-ID will be set.